1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Bozo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 3, 2008.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That sounds ever more perverse.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I think it was Jerry Seinfeld who pointed out that with a name like Bozo, the guy really had very few career options besides clown.

3. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I didn't get picked the one time I went to a live broadcast of Bozo in Boston, but I broke two glasses at home practicing the spoon-flip trick later on.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Begged and begged to go on the show as a kid, until my parents explained that it was taped in Chicago. My favorite part, bar none, was watching the dolts who failed to get a ball in the first bucket in the grand prize game.

5. CarlSpackler

CarlSpackler Active Member

Usually when someone missed the first bucket, Bozo would go "Bad ball!" until they finally made it. But again, that's a different Bozo. And I'm younger, so maybe that was a more feel-good era of clowning.

Also, did you know that there is a clown cemetery in Baraboo, Wisconsin? Talk about the creepiest place on earth. I can't believe that hasn't been a horror movie yet.

Wait a sec... anyone who wants in on Clown Cemetery send me a personal message. Seriously.

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Yeah, clowns of my father's generation were a lot more hardcore than those of my generation.

7. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

That was always hilarious. My brother and sisters watched that show together and screamed at the TV when they missed the first bucket.

I imagine the kids that missed the first bucket are heroine addicts and HS dropouts today, unable to overcome the shame.

8. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Which was my main fear of going on the show -- I would have nothing but a life of needles in my future. Even at a young age, I understood that.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

"A little song, a little dance, a little seltzer down your pants."
    --Chuckles' Credo for Clown​

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

How many plots does Bubbler own? **ducking**

Draft saved Draft deleted