1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Bozo

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Say it isn't so! Not Bozo!
    Loved Bozo the Clown as a kid. Actually got on the Bozo show once, when I was four. Freaked and ran offstage. Dude was scary in person.

http://news.aol.com/entertainment/television/tv-news-story/_a/man-who-played-bozo-the-clown-dies/20080703181309990001?icid=100214839x1204955074x1200233047

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

George: How about Bozo?
    Kid: Who's Bozo?
    George: Who's Bozo? Bozo the Clown, that's who Bozo is. When I was a kid, Bozo the Clown was the clown, bar none.
    Robin: George...
    George: With the orange hair, and the big clown shirt with the ruffles...
    Robin: George...
    George: And the TV show! He had cartoons!
    Robin: George! Forget Bozo, George. Bozo's out. He's finished. It's over for Bozo.

Strange. ...

3. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

I watched Bozo every day on WGN when I was a kid. :(

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I remember watching the show as a child and being told my aunt had been on it when she was little. I was so freakin' jealous. I tried to get my parents to drive to Chicago and take me, so I too could be a contestant.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I was thinking of the hundreds of people the thread could be about. Then I realized it was literally about Bozo. RIP.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

RIP sir.. I remember playing the albums when I was a kid and singing along...

Was even on the show...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Through furious research, I, along with another reporter, have come to realize that this isn't the same Bozo from the WGN show.

I guess I don't feel like part of my childhood died now.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Sissy boy.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Really. I no longer worry about how I must train in order to outrun Moddy around the Harbor. Any one who is that much of a sissy will no doubt quit a few feet in. I'll kick his ass even with my $4 Steve and Barry's sneakers causing several stress fractures.

(Moddy, you may not know this, but Ragu and I have decided we're running with you at the Harbor next summer. Just an FYI)

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I'll give you guys a head start and see you back inside. Finish line is the bar at Phillips.

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

At Obama HQ, one name is, with great regret, crossed off the veep list.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When I clicked on this thread, I was dreading that it was Willard Scott, who also portrayed Bozo (as well as the original Ronald McDonald.)

Still, RIP to a man who made a lot of children happy.

Draft saved Draft deleted