1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Boston Celtics (1946-2007)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Feb 6, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm guessing Simmons has written 250,000 words on this in the past few weeks.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Veiled insult. Be insulted, very insulted.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm beginning to think Uncle Buck is not related to our esteemed Bucks, Buck and Buckweaver.

4. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I will now light myself on fire, after watching a 90210 episode.

5. RAMBO is COCKDIAN.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Now THAT'S a scoop.

7. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

Oh dear. That is not a good start for a newbie...... So what happens do I just go stop posting go away and forget this place ever existed?

8. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

The team really isn't thaaat bad. Don't get me wrong, they're bad. But the majority of the losses during the streak have been by less than double figures. What that tells me is that they manage to stay in games and then down the stretch with no player over 20 years old no one steps up and scores the big hoops. Jefferson, Perkins, Telfair, Rondo, West, Green, Gomes... that's 7 guys right there who aren't even 25 yet... you may have two future all stars in Green and Jefferson and while I think Telfair is useless, the other guys are all decent rotation players at worst.

They'll have to deal at least one, probably two of those guys, because they won't be able to sign them all when their contracts are up anyways. But if they get Oden and then package Jefferson and Ratliff's expiring contract for a veteran, they could be ok next year. The scariest things for C's fans right now is Pierce coming back because there's no way they finish with the worst record in the league with him in the lineup.

9. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Re: Uncle_buck
    No, you are fine.

Although you'd be a more productive human being if you choose that route. :)

10. Uncle_buck

Uncle_buck Member

Well I'd guess this wouldn't be a discussion board if we all agreed so perhaps I'll stick around and see what happens.....

Damn I don't even support the Celtics and this is what I get for sticking up for them a little!

Draft saved Draft deleted