1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Bonnie Franklin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MTM, Mar 1, 2013.

1. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Ann Romano dies at 69

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-cm-bonnie-franklin-dies-at-69-20130301,0,6152971.story

We were in 10th grade when a buddy at an adjacent high school told me about this hot girl in one of classes who was on a new TV show. It was Valerie Bertanelli.

If she needs some consoling, I'm available.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, Valerie. She is a good-looking older woman now too. But I think my favorite teen crush gal.

I know nothing of Ann Romano other than Bonnie Franklin, but RIP. It was a good show helped along by the earliest days of cable and syndication.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Wonder if her last words were, "So this is it?"

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

When I was 9 or so, a classmate told us that Valerie Bertinelli was going to be in Playboy. After school we went to the 7-11 and we were supposed to distract the guy who worked there, when one of my classmates stole the magazine.

It worked, and Bertinelli was in the magazine... fully clothed doing an interview, IIRC... :D

RIP Bonnie Franklin

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Grew up watching the show. It was the first time I heard "ass" on TV, I think in the episode her ex is being a dick and they just had a bad phone conversation.

7. It used to be hilarious for a creepy guy to hang around a single mom and her two teenage daughters and making lewd remarks.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Going through Indianapolis for the first time, I made my wife stay on I-65 through downtown just so I could sing the song when we reached the overhead signs.

RIP Bonnie. You held on tight and muddled through.

9. Abe Vigoda

Abe Vigoda Member

Not even Schneider thought she was a 6.

10. RickStain would.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Look who just showed up at the calling ...

[​IMG]

As a youngster, I didn't really get the show, but it was on all of the time in my house.

RIP.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

She was pretty young.

What's amazing is that I think Norman Lear is still alive, and 90 if my googling skills just gave me good info. Among his efforts, One Day At a Time was definitely a B. ... better than Silver Spoons, not as good as All In the Family or Sanford & Son. Kind of on par with Who's The Boss. When this is your B effort, and you did so much, you gotta figure you had an impact on TV.

Draft saved Draft deleted