1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Bob Dukiet

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, May 31, 2009.

1. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

HI!

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

She deleted and reloaded on me, Sec.

3. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Would it be appropriate to tell the newb to fetch us some beers?

5. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

The fact that she deleted and reloaded makes the thread read that much better. This is total awesomeness.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

why am i not surprised that bob's cousin would be a little, um, out there, too? ??? ;D ;)

7. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I have to find it semi-amusing that while she called out Old Tony, Fenian and Shockey by name, at least she apparently is not trying to communicate with poor old Spnited, who referred to Dukiet as "very odd" two years ago on this thread. I mean, Fenian may not be here anymore, but at least he is not that much not here anymore.

Sorry, could not resist. RIP, Ron. And RIP, Bob, too.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The continued revival of this thread never ceases to amaze me.

10. I covered Dukiet as a young kid in New Jersey. Probably right up there with the greatest natural athletes in the country. His senior year of high school, he was a Parade Magazine All American. Also, all state in Baseball and an unbelievable tennis player. Kid was a phenomenal student as well. Was recruited by every major program in the country. Bob Cosy thought he was going to be his greatest player at Boston College. Tore up his knee real bad after his sophomore year and never played at Boston College again. The guy was so good that even after that, The LA Lakers Drafted him hoping his knee might hold up. I saw him work his tail off training at a Newark Gym for an entire year to get ready for the Lakers. He could shoot the ball like Walter Davis (You guys probably don't know who he was), nothing but a velvet touch. By the way, he graduated from BC Cum Laude (That means with honors for those of you who never got your GEDs). The only thing ODD about Dukiet was his "Too good for this planet" caring nature and his heart of Gold. The problem with Marquette at the time was simply transition that they had to go through. They were not ready for him.Not the opposite. Couldn't ever get over the loss of McGuire. You guys should be ashamed of the way you responded to Bob's cousin Maryanne Calleja and the unfeeling words you spouted about Bob Dukiet right after his death, which I might add was an agonizing one which he handled with his usual incredible grace and courage. You showed me why Marquette is no longer an elite program. You guys are beneath having a program that should be respected. Dukiet was respected by every major coach in the country and most importantly, he was a giant among men. Kind, caring, intelligent and talented. Next time you want to spout off your mouth, try being educated about the subject matter instead of responding like some angry little punks who want to pick up their marbles and go home after having their butts kicked. You clearly have no real knowledge of the game or life.
    You couldn't write for a grammar school newspaper about basketball or anything else for that matter. You certainly have no insight in to the game, it's players, or it's coaches.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If Bob Dukiet had as many defenders in life as he apparently has in death, he'd have given Al McGuire a run for his money.

12. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Its. It's means "it is."

Draft saved Draft deleted