1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP 'Billy Jack' (Tom Laughlin)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Dec 15, 2013.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Tom Laughlin, the maverick actor and filmmaker best known for the "Billy Jack" films, has died, the Los Angeles Times reported Sunday. He was 82.

http://www.jsonline.com/entertainment/movies/billy-jack-star-tom-laughlin-dies-at-82-b99164342z1-235950441.html

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One tin soldier rides away

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

NOOOOO!!!! That was one of my first saturday matinees with my buddies (and no parents)

4. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

I enjoyed his work in the "Billy Jack" flicks. Was too young to understand the political undertones when they first came out but, man, the dude could kick some arse with his martial arts.

I cannot remember a single thing from his acting career other than those movies. RIP

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Billy Jack could kick Chuck Norris' ass. RIP. Great Saturday Matinee movies. Born Losers and Billy Jack.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

There's a ton of those low-budget early-1970s movies I need to check out, especially the Billy Jack series. There's a streak of Spaghetti Westerns in those movies. Bootlegger movies were big in that period, too.

7. joe

joe Active Member

Standing right next to a dude: I'm going to kick you in the (head, face, ear — whatever). And did.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aVX-voqWuwY

9. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

This is scene I also remember the best. Billy Jack at his bad-ass best. RIP.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

After seeing this, I looked up the band Coven, credited with this song.

If you think of this song as what the band sounds like, holy fucking shit, are you wrong. These were the original rock-n-roll Satanists -- not fucking around Satanists, but true devil-worshipers. They threw the devil horns in rock-n-roll long before Satan poseur Ronnie James Dio.

The lead singer (Jinx Dawson) was a cultist (thanks to her family) from Indianapolis who hooked up with some magickers in Chicago to create the really fucking weird album "Witchcraft Destroys Minds and Reaps Souls," including a song called "Black Sabbath" (predating that band's song of that name) featuring a bass player named, I shit you not, Oz Osbourne. The album featured a gatefold cover of a nude blondes prepared for Satan's sacrifice. The album's final song is a 13-minute Satanic black mass chant. But apparently they were shitty songwriters for Satan, because they had to bring in a hired gun to write most of their music, though Dawson has a wild voice to put it over.

Draft saved Draft deleted