1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Bill France Jr.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Double J, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Who is God's sponsor? :)

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Rust-Oleum.

3. Thanks for ruining my day of golf, God.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I shouldn't have laughed at that. But I did. A lot.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

God just put Mikey into the wall to make up for his brother's transgressions.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Guilty as charged here, too.

7. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Wait, there's always the chance that he'll change his mind and go back to Florida.

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I'm in the boat too.

9. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

1A CPs for most southern papers and papers with tracks.
    In Anaheim and Ottawa, maybe it'll get a mention on the backpage in the briefs?!?
    --------------
    RIP. Sad news.

10. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

I'm thinking it might get a little front-page action down here, but he'll have to share some space with the UF to FU story.

I just went to pick up a used exercise bike. While I was at this lady's house, her husband came in. One of the first things he said was that France died. He even knew the time of death. It was eerie, even if he was a southern stock car racer with a pick-em-up truck and a beard that tickled his breast plate.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Wouldn't surprise me. He'd been in poor health for a long, long time --- private nurse, frequent overnights at the hospital. It'd be like any obit of a famous or influential figure who's lingering at death's door: You know he's going, so have most of the obit ready and just top it with when and how (if available) he finally went.

Died at home. Given the health struggles he'd faced the last few years, it was probably a relief.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Or, as Stewie Griffin calls it, "God's waiting room."

Draft saved Draft deleted