1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Bill Fidati

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Believe this fell through the cracks.

Knew him pretty well . . . a character, and one of the most decent guys you'll ever meet

http://articles.philly.com/2011-06-30/news/29722142_1_inquirer-reporter-bulletin-philadelphia-park

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Not a nibble . . . wow.

As a careerist, he was largely a racetrack guy, but he was also a Philly/South Jersey
    guy, and surprised at zero response. Won't bump, again.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I tried to post on this two nights ago and my computer didn't let me, for whatever reason.
    This was a good read on a guy who did well in the biz and understood how it worked.
    He reminds me of my brother, who worked over 20 years at Times-Picayune.
    Not the least bit full of himself and a really knowledgeable, helpful, driven person.
    Seems like Fidati was down-to-earth. RIP

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I'm waiting for someone in Philly to do more than was done on Philly.com. Shocked theirs
    was as short as it was. There's a generation gap involved here, but jeez, is it this wide?
    My longest sustained exposure to the guy was when he was in his early 40s,
    and I was quite a bit younger.
    Know that was a long time ago, and the world spins right along, but
    still surprised that the felling of his particular tree made so little noise here.
    We move on . . .

Draft saved Draft deleted