1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Beverly Garland

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Dec 6, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

A great actress and those who watched My Three Sons will remember her.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-me-garland7-2008dec07,0,7751751.story

2. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Moment of silence, MST3K fans. She starred in a number of Joel, Mike and the bots' experiments, and was a frequent guest as MST-Cons.

3. Colton

Colton Active Member

What Terrier said.

RIP

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The guys down at the plant will never forget her... even if they forget what Steve Douglas actually did.

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

Along with "Bonanza," this show provided one of the first examples of the Chuck Cunningham Syndrome - eldest son Mike got married (to Billie Jo Bradley!) and left the show, only to be replaced by adoptee Ernie and never referred to again.

We do, however, have pictorial evidence that, for a short while at least, Steve Douglas actually had four sons!

[​IMG]

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

I believe he was an architect like Mike Brady. Wow, I totally forgot aobut the fourth son. Good stuff.

7. I thought he was an aerospace engineer.
    Bill Frawley had a nice career.

8. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Photo makes me think that "Bub" (Frawley) broke the news to Ethel Mertz about coming out of the closet and subsequently built a new life with Fred MacMurray.

9. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Even as a kid I thought she was too good looking for Fred MacMurray.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yeah, but she was a single mom and needed a sugar daddy.

11. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Well, I always did think she ws a bit of a slut as well. Always flaunting her goodies in front of Uncle Charlie.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

You sir need counseling.

Draft saved Draft deleted