1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Beau Biden

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, May 30, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There are a dozen other ways he could have pandered to the audience and multiple easier targets that could have accomplished the same thing.

And it's not a hard thing to figure out. The man's son died. You express condolences and find another target.

2. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

No doubt. But sounds to me like this was a canned speech, and he just didn't think to take out a line he had used several times before. His apology sounded sincere, so I can accept that.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's fine to accept it, but you also have to judge the guy for using the line. It was thoughtless and insensitive and I certainly hold it against him.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There isn't a Republican in the Senate who doesn't think Cruz is a complete asshole. McCain came as close as he could to saying that if Cruz is the nominee (no chance), he's endorsing Hillary. This is just par for the course.

5. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I guess it just goes to prove what I have already learned. Cruz is an ass. Probably why I shrugged it off so easily.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Jeeeeeeeeeee-sus: Cruz, Lindsey Graham, Rick Perry ... Who else rolls out of the Repugs' clown car?
    Still wondering where my vote goes in 2016, and a little help from the GOP would certainly be appreciated.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Maybe some of the Republican-leaning folks on the board can explain to me why a GOP candidate for President thinks he can score easy points by making a joke about Joe Biden anyway? What is Joe Biden running for? What has he done in the past few months or years that makes him worth mentioning in a 5 minute speech?

(And for a change I'm not being sarcastic; I'm honestly wondering what is it about Joe Biden that makes him worth mentioning? I mean, I could understand the joke if this was 2008.)

8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

That was exactly my first thought when I read about the comment. Just an unneccessary cheap shot.

Draft saved Draft deleted