1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Beau Biden

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, May 30, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

2. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

No matter how good your boiler-plate stump speech is, sometimes you just gotta call an audible.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's a mean-spirited and juvenille joke to begin with, and the kind of thing that turns a lot of people off of politics and politicians.

What a moron.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Biden didn't release a statement on the matter. You know, because he is too busy greiving the loss of his son.

Ted Cruz is a tonedeaf asshat.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah. Ted Cruz sure is dumb.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

He's not dumb.

He's a moron.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

He's neither, he's purposefully cruel and myopic

LongTimeListener likes this.
  8. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

While I can't disagree with anyone's assessment of Cruz, this is really not that big of a deal. Taking a shot at a rival party politician in a stump speech in front of fervent party supporters is par for the course. Should he have thought twice about this particular joke? Sure. But I doubt the grieving Biden is worrying too much about the GOP's comments.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's worse tha Biebers remarks about Anne Frank

10. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Not familiar with that one. I could see the outrage if he said something referencing the family, but I can't get worked up over a canned political joke.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I wouldn't if we were talking about just a regular person.

But Cruz is running for president. The highest office in the land. And this shows either extreme callousness or a total lack of self awareness. Not sure which is worse, but neither is befitting a POTUS.

12. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Definitely a fair point, but it was for a specific audience. Typical pandering.

Draft saved Draft deleted