1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP AVP

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Aug 14, 2010.

1. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

When we're watching our kids play, we're always yelling "Sideout ... sideout..."
    One of the other parents was yelling it the whole first game. At the break, he comes up to me and whispers, "What does sideout mean?"
    Most of the kids didn't know what it meant either.
    One of the moms asked me about it too. In opting to not try to explain what sideout scoring was, I just said, "It's the same as 'Defense ... defense.'"

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just tell them you're yelling the name of the best (only) movie about pro beach volleyball.

3. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Oh, you mean the beach-oriented movie, that Kathy Ireland was in, but never once appeared in a bikini???

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Brilliant script, eh?

5. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

And I couldn't understand Harley Jane Kozak showing up at the beach every day in that white ski sweater.
    But Courtney Thorne-Smith saved the day.

6. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Was it a coincidence that Sinjin and Randy's days as Kings of the Beach ended shortly after that piece of cinematic excrement hit theaters?
    If I want to see the best volleyball movie ever, I'll pop in "Air Bud Spikes Back."

7. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I remember playing the Nintendo beach volleyball game.

Draft saved Draft deleted