1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Atlanta's "Mayhem in The AM"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jun 17, 2013.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Totally. Any media member who plans to mock someone for having a terminal disease should take precautions not to do it on social media.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

From that blog: " The dismissal, despite the circumstances, came as "a relief, really," Cellini said. "That station is a sinking ship." "

You stay classy.

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

And now we all know why. Loose lips sinks ships.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

True. Just try to count how many times you've cracked a wise-ass remark when you thought no one significant was listening.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Sad thing is, these fuckwits will be on the air somewhere else soon.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Of course he's not. You realize who you're talking to?

On the bright side, at least he appears to have fixed his spell-checker, so his idiotic screeds are at least spelled correctly.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Can we just put these guys, Dan Sileo and all the other hammerheads on their own station?

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

They should be effectively blacklisted.
    Never work a day in radio again.
    But that won't happen.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

I was wondering that. We see all the time people getting terminated for various dumb things they said and did. So it makes me wonder what do they do next? Is it easy to get another job doing the same thing? If so, how? Or do they get out of town and go somewhere new and start over (like all these dirty cops and public workers do when they get fired)? Or start a whole new career?

10. Always better say racist slurs or other screeds in like company, such as a Klan gathering.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

So, do tell, how do these people keep getting hired?

12. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Regarding the questions about their future employment, all three of them have other gigs in TV as well. Cellini does a nightly cable sports show I believe, and the other two (as well as Cellini) did a Saturday afternoon show for the local CBS affiliate, and Shapiro has a TV show on Atlanta food/restaurants. Be interested to see if there's any fall out with those jobs--my guess is no.

I'll qualify this by saying I have not listened to the clip, but it doesn't sound all that different from some similar gags they've done in the past. It does make me wonder if this is a convenient way for Lincoln Financial to exit the local market and go to national based programming for the morning drive.

I'm sure these guys will land on their feet somewhere. Cellini was fired from this very station about 5 or so years ago, and was back working for them and on the air after a short hiatus.

Draft saved Draft deleted