1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Arlen Specter

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Uncle.Ruckus, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Colton

Colton Active Member

RIP.

(Footnote: magic bullet theory was horseshit)

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

The magic bullet was near-perfectly replicated by a sharp-shooter in one of those Kennedy assassination programs on Discovery Channel.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was.

Give the Specters my condolences.

4. old_tony

So I'm a shill for a guy I couldn't stand because I saw a show that you didn't?

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Actually, I think I saw the show. Fairly easy in hindsight and a controlled environment to get things to come out to support whatever premise you might be pushing.

Believe what you want. I'll always believe Specter was one of the all-time hucksters who sold one of the most heinous sales pitches ever, and the American public, at the time, bought it.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sounds like a take custom-made for the Politics board.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Specter stood up for what he believed was right. He, in my opinion, was wrong abut the single bullet theory, but he never wavered.

8. old_tony

That's all well and good. Except for the fact that conspiracy theorists rest their case on the idea that it's simply not possible to do what the "magic bullet" did, and now we know it is possible.

Meanwhile, it's now just short of 49 years later and not a single person who was part of the conspiracy has ever once let anything slip out either intentionally or via loose lips while having a few drinks.

9. I think Commission was flawed and failed miserably, but I don't think it was due to any sort of government conspiracy. Just political ignorance.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Shoulda used the bubble top on the Lincoln.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Will definitely be a who's who at his funeral. And that area in Lower Merion Township is going to be tighter than dick's hatband in terms of congestion.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

thank you, board moderator-owner.

Draft saved Draft deleted