1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Antonin Scalia

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Feb 13, 2016.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Well, they're going all in on one particular type of candidate, aren't they? They can't dare admit any minorities now because, after all, they don't do well at such prestigious schools. Or so the Justice said in the University of Texas case in oral argument.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

While I think it's appropriate for a law school to be named after Scalia, I did laugh pretty hard when I saw some of the liberals in my social media feeds using #ASSLaw

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I suspect that the good justice would have chuckled, too.

franticscribe likes this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Kind of weird, George Mason was the leading opponent of the Constitution and refused to sign.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The dismantling of our democracy halted for another day. Scott Walker weeps.

7. RevPastor

RevPastor Member

Not surprising given how conservative that law school is...

I don't have a problem with naming the law school after an asshole given his position. At least now people can stop pretending colleges are some sort of liberal bastions but probably not...

8. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Just look at all the petitions trying to stop liberal speakers from showing their faces on campus.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was fortunate enough to have a tolerant law school where we were honored with the presence of The Rev. Jesse Jackson speak at our commencement.

10. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted