1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Annette Funicello

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MileHigh, Apr 8, 2013.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I laughed. See you in hell!

She was in Head, which I watched the other night.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I think between that reference in Grease and her appearance on Full House (which was just on ABC Family the other day) with Frankie Avalon should make people my age at least somewhat aware of who she is.

I loved watching old episodes of the Mickey Mouse Club on the Disney Vault when I couldn't sleep as a kid. RIP.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My mom knew Annette for a bit after trying out for the Mouseketeers and making the final cut only to be told by her dad that she can't join. I've never known the entire reason why that happened, but it was one of my mom's big heartbreaks as a teenager.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Teddy: Have you been watching the Mickey Mouse Club? I think Annette's tits are getting bigger.

Gordie: Yeah, I've been noticing lately that the "A"and the "E" are starting to bend around the sides.

Vern: Annette's tits are great.

Chris, Teddy: Yeah..

Vern: This is a really good time.

RIP.

Seems like there's a lot of famous/well-known people's deaths today. Annette, Margaret Thatcher, Carl "The Truth" Williams, Marty Blake.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Coincidentally, today is mouseketeer Darlene's birthday. (Heard it on the birthday roundup on the morning show.)

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Annette was the It Girl of the '60s. Proof that beautiful and famous and wholesome can go together, unlike majority of starlets today.

And contrary to what Disney told her and what some obits say, she did wear bikinis in a few of those films.

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

Sorry but I started an Annette message on the Anything Goes wall, not thinking it was Sports. Anyway, I do get a little upset when people say she died of multiple sclerosis. Yes, she had it and it certainly contributed, but I have had MS for 21 years and have studied many books and theories about it and, while it is very annoying and a horrible disease, you don't die from just MS.
    Annette was a lovely woman and I feel for her family, and she had a lot more to offer to the world than a big bosom. Please remember that.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

She and the late Don Grady of My Three Sons turned a Mousketeer stint into a pretty good ride in show biz.

9. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Laugh out loud.

Excellent.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Y?

Because she's dead.

11. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

Was tuned into the all-news radio station while driving yesterday. They announced the news of her death. A little while later, they got Leonard Maltin, a movie critic, on the phone and he was talking about her.
    He said that she became the most famous of the Mouseketeers. He said, she wasn't the prettiest, she wasn't the most talented ... but something just stood out about her.
    I almost drove off the road I was laughing so hard. I was on the way to pick up my brother and he always called her Tits Funicello.

Draft saved Draft deleted