1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Andy Griffith

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Indeed. Back in the glorious :05/:35 start time days.

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

A Face In The Crowd was an amazing film. That it was done in 1957 always makes me smile. It is more relevent today then ever.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Every time I see an odd start time, I think of WTBS, Skip and Pete.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

RIP Andy.

RIP another piece of my childhood.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2012/07/andy-griffith-dies-at-age-86/1#.T_MNkvV0n0g

RIP, Sheriff.

7. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

I hear you KJIM...Dang, these are starting to hit way close to home... This is on the "favorite uncle" level of Johnny Carson and Carroll O Connor. Andy was good TV, something missing too often today.

8. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

His contribution to TV is immeasurable. What a talented guy who will be missed. RIP Andy.

9. Damn You Obama!!!!

You killed Andy Griffith!!!

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Can't even put into words what The Andy Griffith Show meant to my house as a kid.

RIP

11. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

I grew up long after the AG Show's initial run, but like others, loved the show through reruns. RIP.

12. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

We had a local radio show that had Andy Griffith Show trivia contests every Friday morning. You'd call in and get a free buffett at the local greasy spoon if you knew what Otis did in a certain episode or in what episode Floyd the barber did something. Invariably a man would call in and have a detailed and precise summation of the episode and answer the question flawlessly.

Superfans of television shows are kind a dime a dozen now. It was the first time I'd been introduced to superfans of a TV show at that point. And it was more incredible because it was show predating VCRs.

Draft saved Draft deleted