1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, Andrew Gold

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Smasher_Sloan, Jun 5, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I read that Michael McDonald is doing a show with Boz Scaggs in Southern Oregon over the summer.

I bought one of those 70's collections from Time-Life. It's pretty good and kind of amazing to listen to how much the music changed from 1970 to 1979, everything from the Grateful Dead to Donna Summer.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

One of my favs from the 70's is "In the Heart of the Night" by Poco.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Lido Shuffle" kicks all kinds of ass.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The Boz Scaggs song for me, which was on another album, was "Look What You've Done To Me."

One hell of a slow-dance song.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I have posted this here before, but this just drips of the great 1970s, and it just freaking rocks.

And that is the best band you could put together back then not called E Street.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Loved "Silk Degrees", one of my favorite LPs of all-time. "Lowdown" was/is great.

7. DanOregon

Look What You've Done To Me - from a David Foster thing on PBS from a year or so ago.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And there's so much stuff from the 1970s that didn't get played because of radio being segmented between AM, disco and hard rock. Stuff from Chilliwack, Nantucket, Michael Stanley Band, early REO, Suzi Quatro, hell, even early Segar ...you'd hear that stuff only on KSHE[/hicaptain]

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Nantucket--that's awesome. brings back memories. And how about 'Movin On' bu Missouri? Or Zebra? Or Moxy.....

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Sweetmeat and Ruth Hutchinson. Good times.

11. DanOregon

Seems an appropriate place for this:

12. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

This kicks all kinds of ass:

Draft saved Draft deleted