1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP: American Idol

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jan 11, 2010.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Simon Cowell was a surprise guest at the Television Critics Association's Fox confab today. He just walked out to announce himself that the UK's huge hit talent search show The X Factor will launch in the U.S. in Fall 2011. But, way more importantly, he said this will be his last season on American Idol.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/its-official-simon-cowells-last-season-on-american-idol-u-s-launches-uks-x-factor-in-fall-2011/

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

down goes idol

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Ellen DeGeneres meet Ted McGinley

4. DanOregon

Ellen DeGeneres meet the exit door.

American Idol has become The Love Boat: The Next Wave. It looks kind of familiar, but you wonder who the hell everyone is.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Kara DelGioguadi (sp) is also out the door. Kind of like rats leaving a sinking ship. But, hey they did sign Jenny from the Block to be a judge.

6. printdust

printdust New Member

OK, so Ellen is out and when the hell did I miss Kara leaving?

http://www.benzinga.com/media/10/07/404360/ellen-degeneres-leaves-american-idol

But bullshit Ellen. You felt bad about hurting people's feelings?

7. printdust

printdust New Member

TMZ says Steven Tyler from Aerosmith.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail??blogid=95&entry_id=69076

Simon will mop up this crew.

Randy's just hanging on.

8. DanOregon

Randy will be like Al in Happy Days. Yeah he's been around the show forever, like a piece of furniture in the background.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

More like Potsie.

Funny how his role changed over the years, from Richie's best friend/devil on his shoulder to part of the core quartet to simply Ralph's best friend to nerdy Pat Boone clone to.....what the hell did Anson Williams do other than cash a paycheque by the time the show finally, mercifully ended? I know he was still on the show, but I'd given up on it long before the finale.

10. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

11. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Watch the ratings get cut in half. I'm not interested in the show anymore.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

"Good work guys. I mean, you were really great--sensational! Hey, anyone try watching this new season of American Idol?"

"That's not so good, Dawg."

"'Not so good Dawg.' Yup yup yup yupyupyup."

Draft saved Draft deleted