1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Amanda Peterson, the hot chick in "Can't Buy Me Love"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Baron Scicluna, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Dead at 43. One of those actresses that I, and a lot of late-80s adolescent boys had a huge crush on for her role in "Can't Buy Me Love", a fun teen flick with Patrick Dempsey. She'd been a child actor, including one of the orphans in "Annie", and had a prominent role in the TV show "A Year is the Life".

Amanda Peterson Dies -- 'Can't Buy Me Love' Star Dead at 43 | TMZ.com

Her career faded away by the early 90s and she often was one of those "Whatever happened to?" Celebs. Her dad said she had some health issues. RIP

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

My age. I loved her fiercely.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What a bunch of followers you guys are.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

She was great in "The Client."

jr/shotglass likes this.
  5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Can't Buy Me Love? Was that the white version of Love Don't Cost a Thing?

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Story I saw said sleep apnea was one of her main health problems.

Scary shit. If you wake up with a gasp, get to the doctor and take care of it.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Have they announced a cause of death? A doctor who treats sleep apnea told me it is rarely fatal, but causes other health issues. The biggest problem is it causes sleep deprivation because it can often wake you up many times in a given night.

8. donjulio15

donjulio15 Member

I've dealt with apnea myself. It isn't fun. You think you get 8 hours' sleep and next thing you know, you're slamming your head into the keyboard at 10 a.m.
    During my hospital sleep tests, I was actually sitting up in the bed, eyes wide open — all the time being asleep and dreaming shit. The C-PAP cured the problem, though I don't have the contributing thyroid issues anymore, thank goodness. Sorry to hear that apnea may have been a factor in her leaving us way too soon.

9. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The C-PAP took care of me, too. Although getting used to wearing a mask to bed was a bit unsettling.

10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

As great-looking as she was in that movie, she might have been the worst-looking girl in it. Her friends, one of whom McDreamy hooked up with, were Playboy Playmates cast just for their looks.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I remembered her much more for this 1987 show.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Didn't realize Ami Dolenz was also in Can't Buy Me Love.

Draft saved Draft deleted