1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, AllofMP3.com

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 29, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Last time I tried Limewire, I couldn't get anything I wanted on it. Just no hits.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Limewire sucks now. If it wasn't for all the spyware, I'd just download off Bearshare.

3. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Bearshare was the best for getting stuff ... but you're right, the spyware was unbearable (pun intended).

4. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

For Mac users: How about Acquisition... no spyware and plenty of songs, videos, etc. available.

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I just checked out Bearshare again, and they've changed. You can download stuff, but try to play it, and you're told you have to acquire the license to listen to it.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Then what the hell is the point anymore? I'd use Limewire, but I'm worried about the rumor about the net police watching you (or whatever it was).

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The RIAA nazis have won. ::)

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Old news, shottie. The Bearshare people paid big money to the RIAA to settle and Napsterized several months ago.

9. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

emule

bittorrent

Between those two you should be fine.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Until Microsoft comes out with its Windows plug-in to destroy all unregistered media files, paralyze your hard drive if you try to play them, and report all users to central databases handed over to the RIAA legal department.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And then, depression set in

12. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Not guilty!

A Russian court found the former boss of music download Web site www.allofmp3.com not guilty of breaching copyright on Wednesday in a case considered a crucial test of Russia's commitment to fighting piracy.
    Although allofmp3.com has disappeared, another Russia-based discount music Web site has since emerged -- www.mp3sparks.com, also owned by MediaServices.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/biztech/08/15/russia.site.reut/index.html

Draft saved Draft deleted