1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alex Trebek/Jeopardy Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mwilliams685, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Is the chick who played Lisa Turtle available?

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

People like Blossom so she won’t have to quit. No one likes Richards so he had no pals from the beginning.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

TigerVols: “Am I a joke to you?”

Who can they get to guest host that hasn’t already been through the rotation this year?

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Fingers still crossed that Turd Ferguson takes the reins.

OscarMadison, maumann and CD Boogie like this.
  5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Watson the computer is still available.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

not after what he did

#me0b10

SFIND, sgreenwell and Hermes like this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

tea and ease and Tighthead like this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

There's a bit more to that story, in that an executive committee - which presumably included Richards - decided he couldn't be the host because of those old tweets. Like if I understand the timeline correctly, he was ruled out as permanent host even before he did his temporary hosting job. His stuff was also the more generic scandal, vs. Richards being involved in multiple sexual harassment lawsuits. I'm not a huge "Jennings for host" guy anyway - I think he's more valuable as a "special attraction" contestant from time to time, and it's not like he's a dynamite media presence - but I don't think he's gross in a way that Richards is.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

With Richards now, too, booted from the gig — amid his own legal and social media messes — the show is set to commence another round of guest hosts.

It is just incredible how Jeopardy has fucked this up.

I saw an episode the other day with Trebek as host. Can they fucking move on and get the show up and running?

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Honestly, there were a few "no-names" as part of the tryouts that were fine. They don't have twitter fanclubs (and hopefully no baggage), but the show rolled on.

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

I saw Buzzy Cohen for the first time last night. Not my favourite, but wouldn't stop me from watching. I think this is now at the point of perfect being the enemy of good. Time to move on.

sgreenwell likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted