1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alex Trebek/Jeopardy Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mwilliams685, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No. Was told about five shows a day during a "Sports Jeopardy" audition ...

2. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

There was an interview with Rodgers in the LA Times and he said they film 46 days per year.

Have there been any discussions about you taking the host job on full time? Is this something you’re thinking about?

It’s definitely a dream job for me. They film 46 days a year. I worked about six months out of the year this last year. I worked 187 days this year in Green Bay, which gives me another 178 or 179 days to film 46 episodes. So look, it’s definitely a dream job for me. It was a dream to be able to be on it and to host. If the shows turn out well and there’s some momentum, I’d be honored to be in the mix to take the job for sure.

Aaron Rodgers loves 'Jeopardy!' and wants to succeed Trebek - Los Angeles Times (latimes.com)

Wenders likes this.
  3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He also tanked the ratings, which made me quite happy.

Neutral Corner, Hermes and HanSenSE like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

5. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Hermes, UPChip and TigerVols like this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Legitimately jealous that Claire McNear gets to be the go-to expert on Jeopardy! from here on out.

That’s a cool corner to own.

Webster likes this.
  8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

That would be incredibly draining as a contestant to have to play more than 2 rounds a day.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

I read a story today somewhere, I'm sorry I don't remember where I found it so I can't link it, and it said that they film 5 episodes over 2 days and then everyone goes home. They were interviewing the guy who was the champion when they shut down last March.

10. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Is it the story right above yours by a few posts?? Not trying to be a smartass, just wondering.
    OK, maybe a LITTLE smartass!

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Yep. Honestly, links here, Twitter, FB... Can't keep them straight and not really trying

Draft saved Draft deleted