1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alex Trebek/Jeopardy Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mwilliams685, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I think Ken is best. I would actually think Brian Williams would be good.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I could see Trump disagreeing with the correct answer and giving the person points anyway. Honestly, a Trump game show spoof would be hilarious.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

SJ scoop: Look for Mike Richards to name himself as host of the show he executive produces.

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Won’t happen but Dan Patrick would fit well.

JC likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I don't know what his on-camera experience is, other than that short tribute on Monday.

Even then he seemed slightly cold. I didn't get a good vibe.

6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

He has some hosting experience

Michael G. "Mike" Richards (born July 5, 1975 in Burbank, California), is an American television personality and producer. Richards is best known as the second host of Beauty and the Geek, and has produced numerous game shows including Weakest Link. Richards was until the end of the 2018–19 season the executive producer of The Price Is Right and Let's Make a Deal.[1] and was a candidate to host The Price is Right before Drew Carey was chosen.[2] Richards hosted GSN's 2012 revival of The Pyramid[3] and the network's 2016–17 version of Divided.[4] Richards left both shows in 2019 and joined Sony Pictures Television, where he has been assigned to Who Wants to be a Millionaire? as a co-executive producer with Jimmy Kimmel, who is also the host of the show, and Michael Davies for the eight-episode run in the 2019–20 season, while for the 2020–21 season, Richards succeeded the retiring Harry Friedman as executive producer of Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy!.’’[5]

Meaningless aside, my sister-in-law's cousin was the geek winner in season 2 of Beauty and the Geek.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Mike's smart as a whip, very quick and just slightly caustic like Alex was. He lives and breathes game shows and variety shows (Johnny Carson is his hero), and there's a reason he joined the show while Alex was still alive but had been diagnosed.

8. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Aw, c'mon. The moment he hears "Double Jeopardy," he's drawing up a dozen lawsuits.

HanSenSE and Gutter like this.
  10. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

How often does a guy go from hosting to EP? Not talking about the stars, who usually have EP titles. I’d imagine it takes a much different skill set to be the guy in charge day to day.

11. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

He would, but as you said, not gonna happen.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

LeVar Burton?

Draft saved Draft deleted