1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Alex Trebek/Jeopardy Tribute Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mwilliams685, Mar 6, 2019.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Thanks.

I needed that.

2. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

A former co-worker’s wife beat five or six years ago, so it’s possible.

3. John B. Foster

John B. Foster Well-Known Member

My three favorite things about Alex Trebek:

1) How “angry” he gets when contestants don't get Canada-related questions

2) His insistence on providing the strongest possible accent on non-English words or clues.

3) That he has never been in my kitchen.

RickStain, Inky_Wretch, Huggy and 3 others like this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Shit there's a lot of dust in the air

5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Damn, I hate to hear this. I've been watching Jeopardy! since high school many, many years ago — maybe even before Trebek was the host (it's been so long, it's hard to remember). Good luck, Mr. Trebek.

6. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Really hope he can beat the odds. He's an institution. Jeopardy is on in the office every night.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Devastating news. My uncle was diagnosed the same just a couple of months before my sister's family died. Yeah, it's been a shitty 18 months. An incredibly sickening diagnosis. My uncle made it a year. All the best to Alex. I watch routinely. This sucks.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Someone smarter than me help me out - paging @DocTalk - because I could be wrong. But my understanding is pancreatic cancer isn't necessarily worse than other cancers. But the symptoms don't show as easily or clearly and by the time it is discovered, it is pretty late in the game?

Only experiences I've had with friends and family have been pretty darn quick.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

You might be thinking colon. Stage 4 pancreatic is ... it's not good.

10. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I think you’re right about that. Pancreatic cancer is so bad for that very reason — no symptoms. By the time it’s diagnosed, it’s already metastasized to the point where it’s game over. If it’s caught early it’s very treatable with high survival. I hope a screen for this can be implemented widely.

11. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I can't think that any cancer is a "good way to go" but, from what I've seen, pancreatic cancer is, especially, awful.

Look up Patrick Swayze's interviews while he had it where he would talk about the regimen he endured every morning just to get out of bed. And he had the resources.

12. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted