1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Adam Yauch (MCA of the Beastie Boys)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, May 4, 2012.

1. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Never liked the Beasties, but sad to see MCA go. RIP.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I didn't have any idea MCA was sick. I thought his "License to Ill" had expired.

This is a big one.

I'll second "Paul's Boutique" as an amazing album and their music in general for the following decade. I got into The Sweet, in fact, because "Ballroom Blitz" was sampled on "Hey Ladies." And they were brilliant when they played with Elvis Costello on SNL's 25th-anniversary show.

RIP.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Root Down

4. linotype

linotype Well-Known Member

Cancer can 3MTA3. RIP MCA.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Coldplay played Fight for Your Right at last night's concert.

I remember quite a few artists doing something similar with Nirvana songs after Cobain died. There are some pretty cool versions of "Teen Spirit" out there on YouTube, although I'm pretty sure the Tori Amos one was done when Cobain was still alive.

6. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Wow, quite the turnabout since the Beasties opened for Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys, Misfits etc. in their early punk period.

7. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

The HiP Hop stations in New York and CT went heavy on the Beasties this weekend, as expected.

Draft saved Draft deleted