1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Adam Schlesinger

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Apr 1, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. DanOregon

Fun fact: the bass player in the variety show scene is the current bass player for Pablo Cruise.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

That's a damn shame. And he's just a year older than I am, which reminds me to be careful. I remember "Stacy's Mom" on MTV and he helped put together one hell of a soundtrack for "That Thing You Do."

5. DanOregon

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Stacy's mom is devastated. RIP
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

This one hit me pretty damn hard.

The guy was immensely talented. He never really got the widespread acclaim he deserved, but he's absolutely one of the best songwriters of the past 30 years. "Stacy's Mom" is a great song, but he had at least a dozen that were every bit as good. His side project, Ivy, was also really good.

And he was one year younger than me.

Fuck.

8. DanOregon

Schlesinger did a lot of work with David Javerbaum, who made his bones writing songs for the Hasty Pudding Theatricals then ended up as an EP at The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. In addition to the two of them doing the Tonys clip at the top, they did this little ditty from A Colbert Christmas. Actually they most of the songs.
    That Colbert got Toby Keith to sing it, poking fun at himself and the War on Christmas at the same time. The clip from the show is even funnier, imagine a kid's Christmas special featuring Santa's sleigh armed with sidewinder missiles.

9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In the lyric, Stacy is a girl, but I went to school with two Staceys who were boys, dated a girl Stacy and at one time had a guy Stacy who was kind of a grand-boss in the chain of command.

10. DanOregon

Draft saved Draft deleted