1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Aaron Spelling

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

BOB THOMAS
    Associated Press
    LOS ANGELES - Aaron Spelling, a onetime movie bit player who turned to television production to create a massive number of hit series from the vintage "Charlie's Angels," "Dynasty," "Love Boat" and "Fantasy Island" to "Beverly Hills 90210" and "Melrose Place," died Friday, his publicist said. He was 83.

Spelling died at his home in Los Angeles after suffering a stroke on June 18, according to publicist Kevin Sasaki.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

So much for it being minor and no paralysis and a full recovery expected.

3. Driver 8

Driver 8 Member

He gave us a lot of classic characters, but he also gave us Ian Ziering and Brian Austin Greene.

4. markvid

markvid Guest

Not to mention his daughter.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That's such sad news.  Thanks to Saved by the Bell, I had a very incorrect, specific view of what high school should have been like.  And 90210 really.  Both were my FAVORITE shows growing up.

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

The man was a giant.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Hopefully no one ever watched that shit and thought it was any sort of realistic portrayal of anything related to high school.

Both of those shows, especially later on, were filled with "actors" in their late 20s and early 30s straining credibility to attempt to portray heterosexual, sex-hungry teens. In the process, they stunted the growth of millions of gullible youths.

Somewhere a pitchfork is being rammed into A. Spelling.

8. KP

KP Active Member

Rupert Murdoch reached at home, "Fuck, now where am I supposed to find my programming?"

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

I'll say this for the guy -- for going on 40 years he knew what would sell on TV. No other producer will ever make his/her mark so well or make it last for so long.

10. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

And Screech's struggle to save his house gets harder ...

11. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

TV's gonna suck now!  

But....Hollywood is in need of a new mega-producer!!  

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Now, you don't know that. Maybe Aaron remembered him in the will.

Or maybe the newly wealthy(ier) Violet Tori will divorce her latest husband of the moment and move him in with her.

Draft saved Draft deleted