1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, 90s one-hit wonder that you haven't thought of in roughly 13 years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery Meat II, Feb 1, 2010.

1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

And while it didn't spawn anything you would call a hit, Wang Chung's soundtrack to "To Live and Die in LA" is fantastic.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

"Dance Hall Days" is a great record, love that groove.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Two of my best friends used "How Bizzare" as the open to their sports radio show in college. They would play the hell out of it in their dorm room.

I have to tell them about this sad news. They're not going to take this very well.

How bizarre, how bizarre.

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Two monstrous worldwide albums ... and fell off the face of the earth. They and Milli Vanilli were tag-teaming at No. 1 for a while, it seemed.

5. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

That's what I was thinking. BNL had a pretty good run for a while in the 90's, with One Week (I thought this was No. 1 on the charts), If I had $1,000,000, It's All Been Done, Brian Wilson, The Old Apartment and Pinch Me.

I'll be honest, I have no idea how those all did on the charts, but it seemed like a lot of people knew a lot of their tunes here in the northeast. Still the best concert I have seen. Their version of God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen with Sarah McLaughlin is my favorite holiday song.

Maybe they weren't mega-hits, but I certainly wouldn't put BNL in the same group with the How Bizarre guy (this thread is about him, and I still don't remember his name or the group's name without scrolling up), Right Said Fred, Gerardo or Lou Vega category.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I've been trying to remember the song or the group of this song from the early 90s forever! And when I read "Natural Selection" I knew that was it!

"Do Anything" had this woman talking throughout it whose voice made me melt. Off to iTunes I go! :)

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

Her name is Niki Haris, and she was a backup singer for Madonna for years and years and years.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

They went into the tank in North America with a single called "Spending My Time," which I quite liked, and they never recovered after it more or less bombed. But they were still big in Europe for a time.

9. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I guess, technically, my favorite band is on this list as well.

Sister Hazel did "All For You," which everyone knows. Happy, Change Your Mind, Your Winter and Champagne High (in which, board favorite Stuart Scott has a cameo in the video) were not hits, but did get air time. Your Winter was on the soundtrack to "10 Things I Hate About You" and they still tour and release albums.

Of course, I love them and challenge anyone to a duel that says otherwise :)

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sister Hazel sucks slightly less than Up did. :D

11. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I knew. KNEW. You would respond.

Tis OK, I still just slightly loathe you.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I am here to fulfill expectations.

Draft saved Draft deleted