1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP, 90s one-hit wonder that you haven't thought of in roughly 13 years

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mystery Meat II, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Wow! All of that is crap! I thought Charles and Eddie were Neville brothers with that song. And Natural Selection most certainly did not have two hits.

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

"In the Meantime" was such a great '90s one-hit wonder song, Liv Tyler decided to marry Spacehog's frontman.

Bastard.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

You, sir, can eat shit!

And Natural Selection did have two hits. Wikipedia never lies!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Selection_(group)

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I always mix up Spacehog and the Toadies, even though one group is British (I think?) and one is from Texas. I think they were both huge songs my last year of college, though, and that's why I get them confused.

"Possum Kingdom" is one of the great songs of ALL FUCKING TIME, and anyone who argues this is an assface and/or Mystery Meat II. :D :D

5. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Yeah, Spacehog probably liked soccer (Hi Inky!) and most certainly had messed up teeth.

I'm with you on "Possum Kingdom," though for the longest time -- thanks '90s alternative rock radio -- I couldn't name the band who performed the song.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

You forgot this guy in your list of instantly recognizable yet ultimately forgettable '90s one-hit wonders.

[​IMG]

Whoa!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

BYH, I love you for both mentioning Call and Answer (my favorite BNL song, no doubt) and also Natural Selection

I just can't, just can't get, just can't get enough of you.

My favorite line from Call and Answer:

You think I only think about you
    When we're both in the same room
    You think I'm only here to witness
    The remains of love exhumed
    You think we're here to play
    A game of who loves more than whom

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Roxette just got very nervous, and doesn't know why.

9. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

In the liner notes to their greatest hits, Steven Page wrote that "The Old Apartment" was not a stalker song as everyone assumes but written about someone who goes back to their old apartment after they've moved out.

I remember seeing BNL in their Toronto busking days and never thought they'd amount to much but they have put out some terrific, well-crafted songs.

I loved "Lullaby" by Shawn Mullins, still a great record. When I think of 90's one-hit wonders I think of "Counting Blue Cars" by Dishwalla, "Breakfast At Tiffany's" by Deep Blue Something (talk about two dumbass band names), "Standing Outside A Broken Phone Booth With Money In My Hand" by Primitive Radio Gods, "Good" by Better Than Ezra and "In Your Bedroom" by Goldfinger. I'm sure I'll come up with others.

10. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Not a one-hit wonder.

11. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

LFO wants everyone here to know that Billy Shakespeare wrote a buncha sonnets.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Nope. Four No. 1 hits in the U.S., and two other songs that both peaked at No. 2.

Draft saved Draft deleted