1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP 30 Rock, Community, Parks & Rec

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 10, 2012.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i also like whitney. kinda dark humor.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You would.

3. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

go lick jewel's armpit.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

You've missed some of the very, very best episodes of the series.

I don't understand all this "Community is slowing down" crap. That's simply not true.

Last season's finale, the second paintball episode, was incredible. Remedial Chaos Theory, earlier this season, was incredible. If you're into the show for the more abstract stuff, Virtual Systems Analysis a few weeks ago was incredible. If you're not, the pillow fort episodes the following two weeks were awesome (especially the second one). If you're into the pop culture gags, Course Listing Unavailable, the Law and Order episode, was incredible.

If you're not into it, fine, you're not into it. But if you are or have been, the last year has been anything but disappointing.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Having been a fan of Chuck, which seemed to get that "13 new episodes, then it's over" sentence every single year, only to be renewed for a full season time and time again, I'll believe these shows are done when they don't come on next spring.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Community will now be on Fridays.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

[​IMG] OF [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

It's not like those of us who love Community are doing anything on Friday night anyway.

Whatever. This is about the 12th kiss of death for Community in the last year, and the second or third time this thread that it's been declared dead. The news is it got renewed after the last kiss of death, an unplanned mid-season hiatus with no promise of a return.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Oh, and Dan Harmon will probably no longer be in charge:

http://www.vulture.com/2012/05/harmon-isnt-signed-for-new-community-episodes.html

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Amazing to think that the network that aired Hill Street Blues, L.A. Law and ER at 10 p.m. on Thursdays is resorting to sticking the low-rated "Rock Center" in that spot this fall.
    I don't see a lot on the NBC fall schedule that screams "breakout hit," and figure come winter they'll lose seven and half hours of programming with 30 Rock, Community and Park and Rec, football and the Voice. Throw in the failure rate of new shows and you can figure they'll have at least 10 hours out of 19 hours of primetime programming to make-up with (though they do have Smash, The Biggest Loser and Celebrity Apprentice in reserve) come January.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Of the NBC Thursday night comedies, the only one I don't watch is The Office, but it's the one that gets the best ratings by far.

I don't understand why they don't put The Office on at 8 and 30 Rock at 9. It would probably boost the ratings for the whole night. Or maybe the ratings are lower because CSI and Grey's are on opposite it...

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

NBC does so many things that make you scratch your head.

America's Got Talent is going to get crazy ratings this summer, especially with Howard Stern now as a judge.

When do they show the premiere? Opposite the No. 1 show in the country (DWTS) and the season finale of another popular show (HIMYM).

It just seems stupid not to wait a week or two.

Draft saved Draft deleted