1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP 30 Rock, Community, Parks & Rec

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 10, 2012.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

30 Rock hasn't jumped the shark this year, its fallen off a cliff.

I like Parks and Rec a lot. That is the only sad thing in this news.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The whole Jack's wife gets kidnapped storyline was pretty horrendous. I don't think I realized how much the show has dropped off until I started watching the old ones, which are about as good as you'll get on network TV.

3. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

To mourn the loss:

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am not even sure where the North Korea storyline is going.

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/48732/

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I kept hearing how good Parks and Rec was. Was always meaning to start watching it, but never got around to it. Guess this is my fault.

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think he's just pissed because he finally figured out that the cranky old fucker character he plays was based on him in real life.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Lot of TV reporters on Twitter saying this is not confirmed yet; don't believe it until you see a real source.

8. dieditor

dieditor Member

Damn...I love Parks and Rec. Ron Swanson is one of my favorite TV characters in a very long time.

9. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

The same direction as Kim Jong Il ... into a mausoleum to be worshipped by the brainwashed masses ... :)

10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Totally agree. Seven seasons is a good run for 30 Rock and four seasons is kind of a natural stopping point for a show about college. But Parks and Rec has been getting such critical acclaim and awards and doesn't seem close to heading downhill just yet.

This sort of seems like CBS' "rural purge" of the late 60s when it cancelled The Beverly Hillbillies, Green Acres, etc. because somebody decided the network needed a clean slate.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

30 Rock has had a very good year, and Fey and Baldwin have talked about wanting to move on, so no great shock.

I'm 5 episodes behind on Community and have grown to somewhat loathe the smugness of the show.

Parks and Rec is the best network comedy in recent memory and it's just a shame that it hasn't gotten the audience that it deserves. It reminds me in a strange way of King of the Hill -- a smart show with a good heart.

12. Traveling

Traveling Member

I aspire to be like Ron Swanson. Minus the multiple ex-wives named Tammy, of course.

Nick Offerman had a good bit in 21 Jump Street, which is far and away the funniest movie I've seen in several years.

Draft saved Draft deleted