1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP 30 Rock, Community, Parks & Rec

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, May 10, 2012.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Shortened final seasons, then cya:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/nbc-final-shortened-seasons-30-rock-community-parks-recreation-article-1.1074555?localLinksEnabled=false

30 Rock had a good, long run. I thought they were all cute, but not appointment TV.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Have to think this is sayonara to The Office too and they're just blowing up Thursday entirely, right?

Agree on 30 Rock. Some tremendously memorable lines -- my favorite was the extra-strength keep-you-awake pill that was being "jointly developed by the Army and the WNBA" -- but I can't really think of a single episode that held my attention as a story.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Chevy Chase talking about "mediocre comedy" in and of itself is one of the funniest things he has done in decades.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Parks and Rec is the real loss here...

30 Rock had its run.

Community was lucky to survive this season.

Parks and Rec could easily go for another five seasons.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's probably about time for "30 Rock," though I think it has been tremendous. Time for Baldwin to do movies while he's still relatively young. I'm sure Fey and Morgan have those ambitions, as well.

I'd love for a cable network or someone to pick up "Parks & Recreation," though I'm assuming its stars have higher ambitions as well.

6. Mizzougrad96

I've been watching the first season on Comedy Central. Holy shit are those better than the current season.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

"Parks & Recreation," by the way, is some of the sharpest political satire that you'll see on television. Or anywhere.

8. Mizzougrad96

I'd love to see the episode count on Community and Parks and Rec. NBC is crazy to get rid of shows that are so close to having 100 episodes which means they can cash in with syndication. ABC and CBS seem to understand this better than the Peacock does.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

NBC understands nothing, which is why it is where it is. They'll probably use the block of time on Thursdays to expand "The Biggest Loser" to 10 hours a week.
    I could see Comedy Central picking up Parks & Rec. Word was that Fey was ready to have 30 Rock go. I will say the "live" episode with Paul McCartney a couple weeks ago was pretty funny.

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

Parks & Rec was the last network show in my rotation. I'm fully cable now.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

And this is why nobody watches NBC anymore.
    Community is brilliant and Parks and Rec has replaced the office as the must-see show on Thursday night. This is disappointing news.

12. Mizzougrad96

I saw that the piece of garbage that is Cougar Town got picked up by TBS.

I'm assuming that Parks and Rec is pretty pricey to produce. Poehler got some crazy guarantees when she got the show because they had to lure her away from SNL.

Granted, the show got Aziz, Offerman and Pratt before they were big stars, but I'm guessing Rashida Jones, Rob Lowe and Adam Scott weren't cheap.

Draft saved Draft deleted