1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rinse. Lather. Repeat.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by three_bags_full, Nov 24, 2015.

1. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm getting really fucking tired of this.

Found out today that I knew three of the six crewmembers who died in helicopter crashes yesterday.

I'd served with one of them since Day 1 of flight school in 2007. Seven years, two deployments, fishing trips. Cigar nights and cornhole games.

Four since March. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Condolences. I'm sure it feels like losing brothers and sisters.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

This one hurts more than the others. It's crazy.

4. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

That's terrible news, tbf.

I lost a cousin in an Army copter crash many years ago. Just hard to make sense of it.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Remember and cherish the good times, tbf.

6. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Good friends are hard to find. Guys (or gals) who are more than that because of the depths of your experiences? Truly special.

I can't imagine the loss(es), what with all you'd done and gone through with them, and can't think what to say, other than that you're right and OK to feel the way you do.

I'll just pray and let you know I'm thinking of you. As always, I salute you (and them).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, Three-Bags.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Sorry to read that, TBF. It's a sort of pain dimenision those of us who never served will never fully understand.

I bet, however, I'm not the only one who clicked on this expecting to read you were being deployed again. And I'm sure I'm not the only one who is happy you are not.

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm really sorry, tbf. I have no idea how you and your colleagues do what you do.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Hang in there, tbf.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Bummer. Cannot even pretend to know what you are going through. My condolences.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So sorry to see this, tbf. My prayers and condolences to you and to their families.

Draft saved Draft deleted