1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riley Cooper

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Another Florida product and another headache for Roger Goodell.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9526303/riley-cooper-philadelphia-eagles-issues-apology-uttering-racial-slur-video

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

This just in. Paula Deen has invited Riley Cooper to dinner at her plantation.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If we blame Cooper and Hernandez (among others...) on Meyer, does he get credit for Tebow? :D

4. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Cooper was Tebow's roomate. Makes you wonder how they talked behind
    closed doors.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

8/5/13

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

Boom, that is an excellent observation.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

A good cracker and an even better racist.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm not normally one to rush to Tebow's defense, but if I was judged on stuff a former teammate I used to room with has said I'd be in serious trouble.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Verne's shocked to discover his real name isn't Riley Cooper Tim Tebow's Roommate.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

From the mind of LongTimeListener. Thanks for contributing to the dialog.

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

8/5/13

12. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

He was a major-league jerk in high school. Covered him in a game against one of our local teams and overheard him yelling at his quarterback, Keyshawn Johnson-style, "just throw me the f----ing ball, you dumb*ss!"

Apparently, the fact that Coop was double-covered on nearly every possession and his QB was trying to spread out the ball to other receivers didn't dawn on him. One of their offensive linemen walked past me as I was doing postgame interviews and said sarcastically as I asked Coop's coach about his game.
    "He's a really awesome teammate. A real brother. No ego at all." Rolled his eyes. I laughed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.