1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riley Cooper threats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 4, 2013.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I see a class-action suit for knee injuries 20 years down the road.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This Riley Cooper thing is Drip's Holy Grail

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

This Riley Cooper thing is stupidity Poindexter. How you can say this is my Holy Grail, is totally beyond normal comprehension. An explanation of your post would be appreciated.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

He should've been cut weeks ago because he got into a scuffle at practice? Do you have any idea how many practice scuffles occur with every team every year? Hell, how many players haven't been involved in a practice scuffle at some time? Not seeing how this is any big deal.

Think you might be getting a wee bit carried away with this story, Drip?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Maybe Drip is Mike Florio, because PFT seems to think this was Battle Royale XVI.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. Holy Grail.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

First time Cooper catches a touchdown pass, he'll be back to being a hero. YAWN!!

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

Stoney, I'm not getting carried away. I definitely feel that this episode that began June 8 has created a rift on this team. There is no denying that. It's unfortunate that in 2013 we're even having this discussion. When the Eagles sent Cooper away for "sensitivity training" that was the wrong move in my opinion. The entire team should've gone through it.
    I also think that he's a marginal talent and had they cut him, something like this wouldn't still be an issue. Guys get cut for various reasons. Hell, Stephen Jackson was cut from the Spurs prior to the playoffs because Popovich thought he was going to be a negative influence in the clubhouse. Cooper's drunken rant definitely created a negative influence in the Eagles clubhouse but the players and coaches, to their credit, have been professional and gone out of their way to do their job.
    The problem with race is that many people feel awkward about talking about it. And I'm sure many of those who think that I'm on a "Holy Grail" on a sports message board probably don't have open discussions with people of color about this and other issues.
    I just think keeping this guy in green and white presents more problems than he's worth.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Vick blames Williams, says he needs to cool his temper.

http://www.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/vick-cary-williams-needs-calm-down

Drip's going to have to have a talking-to with his good friend Michael Vick. Maybe over cheesesteaks tonight.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Why do you even follow football if it's going away in 5 years?

Draft saved Draft deleted