1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riley Cooper threats

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Aug 4, 2013.

1. BenPoquette

BenPoquette Active Member

Agreed...but can it be forgiven?

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

It can be forgiven. In time, many will forget about the incident. Right now, I don't think many are forgetting the incident. Also, it's been reported that Cooper made his remark to a female African American security guard working the event. If this is true, Cooper may have even more explaining to do.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

Bamadog wrote this on Aug. 1, 2013:
    He was a major-league jerk in high school. Covered him in a game against one of our local teams and overheard him yelling at his quarterback, Keyshawn Johnson-style, "just throw me the f----ing ball, you dumb*ss!"
    Apparently, the fact that Coop was double-covered on nearly every possession and his QB was trying to spread out the ball to other receivers didn't dawn on him. One of their offensive linemen walked past me as I was doing postgame interviews and said sarcastically as I asked Coop's coach about his game.
    "He's a really awesome teammate. A real brother. No ego at all." Rolled his eyes. I laughed.
    Now comes a story about a young Riley Cooper that backs up Bamadog's claim and doesn't make this guy look good.
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/20130811_Cooper_in_H_S___Amazing_athlete_living_close_to_the_edge.html

4. NQLBLQ

NQLBLQ Member

Kids, write that down.

I'd add that ANY derogatory words do the same.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Well, that's what you say, Doodle-Face.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Nor cured. You just have to learn to live with it. Because, like termites, it will always be with us.

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

Another reason why Riley Cooper should've been cut weeks ago. If this is happening at practice, can you imagine what will happen in a game?
    http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/WATCH_Riley_Cooper_Cary_Williams_get_into_fight.html

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Looked like Vick and others were pissed at Williams after that incident.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Philly.com has a pretty loose definition of the word "fight".

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I don't know. You could also make the case that refs will be on guard and
    drop quick flags. Defenders may not want to risk getting a penalty.

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Oh refs will be watching but you can bet, in pile ups, someone will be giving him the business.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that he is apt to see a lot of below the knee tackles which seems to have become the technique of choice for DB's with new rules anyway.

A lot of biz for knee surgeons coming this season.

Draft saved Draft deleted