1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rihanna on 20/20

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by imjustagirl, Nov 6, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Did anyone else watch this? I'm just now catching up with it. She's an exceptionally intelligent, grounded young woman. She admits her mistakes in even temporarily going back to Chris Brown, and said she realized that she was an example to younger girls and walked away so that maybe they would do the same thing.

Just remarkably captivating interview, and she's stunning.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I did not watch. She annoys me.

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Heard an interesting story on NPR a couple of days ago about people looking for meaning in both Rihanna and Brown's music since the incident.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120092101

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Even if she annoyed you before, I highly recommend you watch the interview. She comes across as exceptionally smart. And honest. She is absolutely beautiful, and I love her lilting, gorgeous accent. Actually, I would say the interview was captivating. As was she...I was surprised at just how smart and open she was...

I must say that she does have an album coming out, so of course the interview is a promotional effort...but, still...she didn't have to answer the questions she did.

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

A buddy of mine who is an on-air personality for a radio station back home told me he interviewed Rihanna and said it was painful to watch her try and come up with answers to some of the questions.

He is convinced she isn't very bright.

I would watch just based on the fact that she is so beautiful.

6. ucacm

ucacm Active Member

haven't there been strong rumors that she was also abusive towards him?

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yes, her face did a hell of a number on his fist.

8. Bodie_Broadus

Yeah that's just fucking stupid.

Nothing Rihanna ever did to Chris Brown, if she ever did anything to him, justifies him beating the shit out of her the way he did.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

What are strong rumors?

10. Bodie_Broadus

There was some rumor floating around that she hit him with a shoe.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Every time I see her in pictures or on TV, she looks hurrrrrting. Hair all jacked up, looking like she's wearing a Halloween costume.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

She admitted they were abusive toward each other.

Draft saved Draft deleted