1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Right-Wing Spellcheck Does Track & Field

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, Jun 30, 2008.

1. I don't understand the whole "Democrat Party" thing. I know Rush Limbaugh says it, too, and it's supposed to be an F-you to libs, but I don't get it.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I guess because they view the Democratic process and the Democratic Party as two totally opposite things and feel like they need to take the "ic" from the party. ::)

3. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

So it'd be OK to say McCain was running on the Publican ticket?

Come to think of it, I'd like him better that way. ;)

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

How could someone from the Publican party veto beer?

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

:D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If we think about the last eight years and the potential for eight more from McCain, wouldn't Republic Party be more apt?

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what it is at least from what I can tell -- it is a RIGHT WING web-site for RIGHT WINGERS AND CONSERVATIVES and the beauty of America is if it offends you then you can choose not to look at it.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Great idea, unless your last name is Gay and suddenly they're changing your name. There are standards, even for conservatives.

9. zagoshe

Why do you care, it is not a site you would ever get caught dead visiting and/or reading or getting your news from. So how does this affect you?

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

If you have to ask this, on a journalism board, then obviously no answer, no matter how logical, will ever work for you.

11. Grimace

Grimace Guest

It doesn't affect us. It's just funny. Lighten up.

12. zagoshe

So do you feel the need to go around offering corrections to every web-site, is that what you are saying? That you spend all day surfing the web and getting your panties all in a bind because you find some mistakes or factual information that is wrong?

Or do you only target web-sites that offend your sensibilities?

Draft saved Draft deleted