1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riggins pounds current 'Skins

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gator, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

John Riggins lost his damn mind many years ago. He looks like an old drunk now.

2. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Riggins had a radio show, was part of the popular Redskins Report TV show for a long time and used to be a frequent guest on Czaben's and Pollin's popular drive time radio show. He's a naturally outspoken person and Redskins fans love hearing his opinion. I don't see what the big deal is here. It's not like he's speaking his mind now after years of silence.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

To be fair, Riggins has always been the opposite of Marcus Allen and Barry Sanders when it comes to personality. Riggins is staying true to himself by making these comments, just like Allen and Sanders are staying true to themselves by keeping quiet as their old teams sink into the abyss.

4. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You're lucky Riggo didn't piss on your leg. Intentionally or unintentionally.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Drip

Drip Active Member

Who is to say that he didn't piss on him?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Riggo's radio show was a lot more entertaining than John Thompson, who is in that time slot now.

7. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Aside: John Thompson might be the worst radio personality on a top station in a major market ever. He sounds like a caller on his own show -- and a boring one at that.

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He's funny when he gets on a politics tangent, though. The show the day after Obama's pseudo State of the Union was rich.

And he still kills Dukes and Arrington on WJFK.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Chad Dukes, as a person, is an asshole. But he's damn good on radio. Lavar Arrington is a total debacle on radio, and I say that having a friend who works for that station. But John Thompson is to radio what Hurricane Katrina was to New Orleans.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

I haven't been drunk in years, but I'd gladly swap my liver for a night of boozing with Riggins. Would love to hear the tales he'd tell.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Dukes frequently infuriates me with his lack of sports knowledge. He needs to stick with 80s rock music and burger joints. Every now and then, he makes a good point. I can definitely imagine him being the world's biggest douche in person. Easily.

At first, I hated LaVar on the radio, too, but he's growing on me. He's at his best when he goes on his rants about the Skins. The one last week was epic. Otherwise, it's a decent way to fill the time on my drive home.

Oh, and LaVar....it's "AN owner, not A owner!!!!!"

I'll take Chad and LaVar any day over John Thompson. Any. Freaking. Day. He's awful.

12. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

And I'll take Sirius XM over any of those hacks. D.C. radio is awful.

Draft saved Draft deleted