1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Riff on Casty's thread: Is there anyone else who hates Frank Sinatra music?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by poindexter, Nov 26, 2012.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Please don't tell me that he's an all time classic. Or that I have to listen to this song or that.

I can't stand Frank Sinatra's voice, and I hate his songs.

Pretty much every song sounds the same. I think his voice is terrible. And there have been so many joke impersonators over the years, every song sounds like a caricature.

Don't tell me how wrong I am. After hearing him 5,000 times, I'm not going to start liking him.

Anybody else in my camp?

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Hey that's life.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

You're getting under my skin.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Frank's way is my way. Fan.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Certain things in culture are ubiquitously praised, and if someone doesn't like one of those things, it's by choice.

I haven't watched The Wire, and I may one day watch The Wire, but you telling me to watch The Wire is not helping anything. I will watch The Wire when I feel like watching The Wire. I don't like U2, and yes, I have heard The Joshua Tree and War and Achtung Baby. I listen to a lot of music of all types. I would not disregard one of the most influential and critically praised bands of all time without giving it a fair shot. I do not need to watch Dazed and Confused a fourth time to know I think it's a boring-as-shit redux of American Graffiti.

So if you don't like Frank Sinatra, well, at least you listened to music your way.

6. Send in the Clowns

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Still haven't done The Wire, either. Or American Idol.

8. I tried to watch The Wire. Made it through Season 1 and half of season 2 and lost interest.
    Nothing special IMO... This is from a guy who loved L&O the mothership and Homicide.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

I don't hate it, but if I never hear another Sinatra song I'm not going to be upset about it.

I saw him live once, at the old Omni in Atlanta. You saw flashes of why he was so popular, but mostly it felt sad watching an old man who had huge TV monitors around him scrolling the lyrics.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I love Sinatra's music.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Not in your camp. Not within 500 miles of your camp. If you think every song sounds the same and his voice is terrible, you either have a tin ear or are not listening.
    But to each his own.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Oh, I've been listening. Unfortunately.

The worst was last december, we spent the weekend with another couple at their place in La Quinta. Sinatra pouring out of Pandora for what seemed hours.

He sucks. Just my opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted