1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ridiculous opinion enclosed ... your take?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Concerned_Journo, Sep 25, 2007.

1. lono

lono Active Member

Timmy!

2. Yodel

Yodel Active Member

AJC and Alabama have a long hate-hate relationship, so Timmy's not out on a limb as much as you may think.

Just some historical perspective, for anyone interested.

3. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Eh, Jay's blog is aight. I mean, the content's great and he puts in a shitload of time making sure it's a good blog.

Unfortunately, as management at the Advertiser will tell him, blogs are meaningless. He's just wasting his time.

One other thing: I'm not defending Tim for anything he wrote, but I will say that he at least had the sack to put his name on it. Unlike the Concerned Journo. I get tired of this shit.

The rule here should be simple: You wanna call out another writer, use your real name. Otherwise, STFU.

4. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Dog's absolutely right about that.

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

By the way, Jeff Schulz' line that Nick Saban is the result of "crossing Pinocchio with snake sperm" is priceless.

6. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Not judging one way or the other on your issue with Concerned_Journo, but wouldn't such a policy render a LOT of what we manage to bandy about obsolete?

Like the Gundy vs. Jenni Carlson thread. LOTS of folks offered their thoughts on the initial column without having "the sack" to put their names on it. Like, for instance, from Mighty_Wingman, who offered ... "I think "unethical" is a little strong as a description of the column, but I think you can easily make an argument for "irresponsible." And definitely "lousy." "

Not saying, just saying. :)

rb

7. Rockbottom

I gotta admit, junior, that was pretty clever. Clever indeed. :)

rb

8. Mighty_Wingman

I do my best. And in honor of SJ's prime directive, I'll delete it, with the caveat that you should please get off my nuts.

9. Rockbottom

Deal.

Now, back to the topic (which I admittedly have no concrete opinion on) ...

rb

10. Mighty_Wingman

One more note on our "Concerned Journalist." Let's see the topics on which he's chosen to vent his concern:

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/members/7867/;sa=showPosts

Stalking isn't cute or clever. In fact, it can be a cause for...concern?

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

And accurate.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Furman Bisher v. Bear Bryant anyone?

And this might be a good place to point at that the AJC, ESPN.com and the AP all reported last week --- erroneously --- that Saban was accused of stealing Patriots signals during a December 2006 victory with the Dolphins. Never happened. His own Miami players admitted that they did it. Big difference.

Draft saved Draft deleted