1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rick Sanchez: He gone

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dixiehack, Oct 1, 2010.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sanchez may have the last laugh. The premiere of "Parker Spitzer" finished below what he was pulling in for "Rick's List." You figure they'll get at least some looky-loos to boost the audience, but no.

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Dude gets a book plug into his official apology: http://bit.ly/bZBo45

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He was on GMA this morning.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/george/2010/10/rick-sanchez-on-gma-jon-stewart-classiest-guy-in-the-world-i-screwed-up.html#tp

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

So he goes from calling Stewart "a bigot" to "the classiest guy in the world." Does this guy not understand the concept of middle ground?

And, from a brief review of his background, I'm not sure where he faced this race-based adversity/discrimination he complains about. Let's face it, growing up as a good looking light-skinned Cuban American in Miami ain't exactly the prototype for the oppressed minority, those are the people that control and run Dade County. He was then given a scholarship to college, was given his first TV broadcasting job while still in college, and he was then hired by a Miami TV station as a weekend anchor immediately after college. That sounds like a charmed career start to me.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Lightweight though he may be, at least he understood this portion
    of well-meant career advice.

He's an embarassment, but has always been a classic example re another good piece of advice, "change the channel".

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Middle ground doesn't sell on cable news, and it never has in the careers of Sanchez, Olbermann, O'Reilly et al. Everyone and everything has to be the absolute best/worst you've ever seen.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

I wish I could put this on the Gary manure pile thread, but alas, found this one instead.

Sanchez to call football games for Florida International University:

http://www.local10.com/sports/28683976/detail.html

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And when he's not announcing games, him and Isaiah are going to fix the Knicks.

Sounds like everything worked out in the end once again.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

;D Funny post, Rags. I was thinking something along those lines, but you hit it out of the park.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But I thought everyone read the Miami Herald's former blogger for FIU news?

11. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Let's hope he has a driver when he leaves the stadium. Wouldn't want any more dead pedestrians.

12. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Saw there was a slide show with this article of "Rick Sanchez's Favorite Things." How hard could it be to figure out that that would mean looking at 10-12 pictures of....Rick Sanchez. Let's hope he stays local for a long, long, long time.

Draft saved Draft deleted