1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rick Sanchez: He gone

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dixiehack, Oct 1, 2010.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

He's been there already. He came to CNN from MSNBC. Fox can have him. He's so full of himself -- and apparently other things too, like bigotry, arrogance, ignorance, (someone want to stop me...?).....

2. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Mostly unrelated, but CNN had a great "throw in the towel" moment over the weekend.

Saturday Night Live had a new episode, and during it CNN had a Larry King rerun from last week -- where he interviewed current SNL cast members.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Not completely without thought, but Chris Hitchens sticks his foot in his mouth re: Sanchez:

http://www.slate.com/id/2269846/pagenum/all/#p2

4. Schottey

Schottey Guest

He wasn't fired for being anti-Stewart or anti-semetic. He was fired for speaking ill of his employers on-air. How many employees can claim his bosses are part of the NWO/liberal-zionist conspiracy while also claiming they're bigoted against him as hispanic?

It isn't like he was too big of an asset to take this personally...

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

That's the problem with pieces like Hitchens'; the content of the speech matters of course, but it matters less than the fact that he panned his bosses.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

If you didn't catch the opening few minutes of The Daily Show tonight, find it. I can't stop laughing, Stewart's recap of the story is completely brilliant.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

Indeed. The Sanchez-as-Michael Scott mashup was inspired.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

That's pretty funny.

9. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Last night's was good, but this is my favorite old Stewart/Sanchez thing. Note: Only view this link if you're in a place where you can openly laugh very loudly.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/02/jon-stewart-slams-rick-sa_n_482199.html

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Am I the only one who considers Chris Hitchens to be the Skip Bayless of political bullshit?

11. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Here's the Stewart bit from last night.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/05/jon-stewart-rick-sanchez-daily-show-video_n_750396.html

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Disagree with him as often as I agree, but at least he crosses party lines to
    launch some of his serious assaults, and most of today's so-called "pundits" don't have the cojones to do that. Of course, in CH's current circumstances,
    he's fairly free to take some serious shots.

Draft saved Draft deleted