1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rick Sanchez: He gone

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dixiehack, Oct 1, 2010.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Precisely.

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I heard the interview. Other than calling Stewart a bigot, I didn't find anything that should've called for his firing.

3. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I did not hear the interview. That said, people oftentimes do get fired for nothing that should have called their firing.

People not getting fired for things that should have called for it also is not unheard of.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Fantastic.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

All that's missing is "Boom goes the dynamite!"

6. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Gosh that is funny!

7. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

I work the day shift and am the closest one to the newsroom TV. We keep CNN on with the sound off, and turn it to a local station if there's a big story.

Well, after a few years of seeing Sanchez's talking head, I spent an afternoon waiting for my son's car to be fixed. In the waiting room, I actually listened to this guy for once. Man, was he awful. Why did CNN air such drivel for so long?

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's off-topic, but that reminds me of another story.

Several years ago, my dad had to have his first bypass surgery, and it was a doozy.

After having his chest cracked open, a vein harvested from his leg, and his arteries bypassed in 7 places, he was sent to the hospital recovery room in cardiac intensive care.

There, the nurses had The Oprah Winfrey Show on the TV.

Heavily sedated, Dad eventually came to. As he heard Oprah's voice, he said he thought he'd died and gone to hell.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Fired for saying dumb shit but still hired even after killing a man outside Joe Robbie Stadium, leaving the scene and coming back with liquor on his breadth and tells the cop he drank at home to calm his nerves.

Piece of shit.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Sanchez was the Edward R. Murrow of citizen journalism.

11. Sports.Scribe

Sports.Scribe New Member

More like Tucker Carlson's replacement.

12. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

He's finally No. 1 on the list you don't want to be on.

YHS, etc

Draft saved Draft deleted