1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rick Sanchez: He gone

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dixiehack, Oct 1, 2010.

1. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

"He gone" is a famous strikeout call from the Chicago White Sox's Ken Harrelson.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

But the guy who runs CNN doesn't happen to be Jewish.

His zero tolerance for bigotry is legendary, though.

Moral of the story: Don't assume a clown on an anti-Semitic rant has his facts right.

3. Sports.Scribe

Sports.Scribe New Member

No, but Sanchez also went off on CNN during the rant, accusing the channel of being run by elitists.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I don't get that one, either. It's not like the head of CNN is a Harvard guy. He's a former sports guy who graduated from the University of Maryland.

5. jlee

jlee Well-Known Member

Well, yeah. MAR-yland. Sports GUY. Don't you SEE, man? Read between the lines. That's as leather-patch elitist as you can get.

6. Sports.Scribe

Sports.Scribe New Member

Trust me. I never said that Sanchez's rant made sense. But then again, few rants do.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

BUT THIS IS THE JOURNALISM BOARD -- NOT THE SPORTS BOARD!!!

(Ooops, I yelled; and had too many exclamation points. Damn, I just misused the semicolon too.)

8. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Thanks for that. Doesn't make it right, though. For reading purposes, it's very jarring.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

My girlfriend's son had a surgery on a tumor in his knee last summer. Of course, God forbid a hospital to anything at a normal hour, so we had to have him checked in at 6:30 a.m. Three-hour procedure, so went to the waiting room and hung out. I nodded off for about an hour. The minute Ms. Matador saw I was awake she said, "Thank God, you're up. Tell me who this ASSHOLE is on TV. He's said about five things that made me fucking SICK in the past hour. It's amazing how stupid he is."

I turn my head and, sure enough...
    [​IMG]

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

More stick-up-the-assish than pet-peevish.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Mercy.

YOU CAN...PUT THAT ENGLISH LESSON ON THE BLACKBOOOOOOOARD....YEAHSSSH!!!!

12. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Yikes. Did not mean to be or sound that way. My apologies.

Draft saved Draft deleted