1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rick Sanchez: He gone

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by dixiehack, Oct 1, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's a shame he had to take the fall for the Jets' behavior towards Ines Sainz.

Oh wait.

2. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Sanchez was unwatchable. I could not stand him.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I say give him a trip to Hawaii ... or the Galapagos! I understand they're quite close to each other.

4. Sports.Scribe

Sports.Scribe New Member

Sanchez's Reaction:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This is the only defense of Sanchez I've seen anywhere. Even 'The American Thinker' says they're glad he's gone.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/10/rick_sanchez_fired_from_cnn.html

(Unlike you, they seem to think he was "certifiably liberal." Maybe you're just not ideologically pure enough.)

Do you really think Sanchez was fired for his remarks about Stewart?

Or are you defending his right to hold and publicly express anti-Semitic opinions?

6. Sports.Scribe

Sports.Scribe New Member

Sanchez has the right to express unpopular opinions, whether he dislikes Jon Stewart or has anti-Semetic ideals (which I completely disagree with). However, you cannot blast your boss like he did and expect to have your job at the end of the day.

7. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Not to put a political spin on this, but many within the Jewish community have long maintained that CNN's coverage of the middle east and related matters is notably anti-Israel and therefore anti-Semitic. Sanchez gave CNN the convenient opportunity to say, 'See? Not true!'

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Hey, where's Helen Thomas these days?

9. Sanchez is and was a clown. (And was lucky to still be working anyway after he plowed over a dude with his Volvo and left him to die). But the notion that his interviewer presented -- that Jon Stewart had overcome obstacles because he was Jewish -- was certifiably laughable. Sanchez just ran in the very wrong direction with it.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Still fired and in disgrace, I suppose.

Your point?

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Bingo.

Interviewer made a stupid point. Sanchez basically called him on it . . . and then was stupid to stray from the point.

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Great stuff. I love how his blonde sidekick wholeheartedly agrees with him that the Galapagos are Hawaii. They're not even in the right hemisphere, for god sakes.

I, for one, will miss the hispanic Ted Baxter. Some comedy gold that guy provided.

Draft saved Draft deleted