1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rick Perry hunted at site with racist name

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Oct 3, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What were his racist actions? Please list them.

And, you know what? For all I know, Rick Perry might be the biggest, worst racist in the world. But, this article doesn't make the case. It's just some sort of bull shit innuendo.

Anonymous sources, who can't agree on whether the rock wa painted over 30 years ago or 25 years ago.

That's A1? That's what you're going to use to portray someone as racist?

2. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Hey look, no one's saying he's racist. But has he come out and said he's not racist? Why won't he just say he's not? That's all he has to do. Just say it, so that people don't wonder.

Sound familiar?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

There seems to be quite a bit of difference over whether the name was painted over 30 years ago or maybe three years ago.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If he has contributed to the United Negro College Fund, just show the receipt. Why won't he show the receipt?

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The Obama birth certificate flap was shameful.

That doesn't give the Post and the NYT carte blanche to take the same tactics against Perry.

There's something called the high road.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

This whole thing has me very concerned.

7. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

The Texas state motor vehicle board will vote Nov. 9 on whether to allow a Confederate flag specialty license plate. And here I am, with my plain old Texas license plate.

http://news.yahoo.com/perry-once-defended-confederate-symbols-070535630.html

"The plates have been requested by the Sons of Confederate Veterans, a nonprofit organization Perry has supported over the years."

The article mentions Perry's alma mater Texas A&M reveres its former president, Sul Ross who was a Confederate general (and who has a university named after him elsewhere in Texas).

Folks, remember that the Confederates took up arms against the United States. Why should any of them be venerated?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My sister-in-law went to Texas A&M.

Therefore, my sister-in-law is a racist.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Didn't know Sul Ross was a confederate general but the school that bears his name is tucked away in one of the most remote towns in the state. Not sure if that was an accident or not.

10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Too dumb to deserve a real reply.

11. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

He was also a governor of Texas, A_Q during the Gilded Age (for one term). Sul Ross State is a sister school to Texas State-San Marcos (alma mater of LBJ and Bill Paxton), Sam Houston State and Lamar in Beaumont.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Really? Why should we venerate those who sought to destroy the United States? I eagerly await the reaction if anyone suggests an Anwar al-Alwlaki license plate.

Draft saved Draft deleted