1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rick Cerrone out as Yankees PR guru

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BYH, Oct 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

It will come out that he stole Derek Jeter's glove. And in a couple of years, Michael Kay and Bobby Murcer will spot former Yankees catcher Rick Cerone in the stands during a broadcast and accuse him of doing the deed.

2. peeterpoon

peeterpoon New Member

Lloyd Carroll was never banished by the Mets. He make management crazy with his tell-it-like-it-is commentary. The Queens Chronicle is not a shopper but rather a profit-making weekly with a circulation of 160,000.
    See you soon, Steph!C'mon now, the Mets banished Lloyd Carroll (sp?) of the Queen's weekly shopper for a full year, just for being a dickhead pain in the butt.

For those of you who don't know who he is, he's the guy who never combed his hair who would parade through the press box (at least whenever I was in town) with photocopies (pulled out of an old plastic bag) of his latest yawner, full of factual errors and nonsensical theories.

He accosted me last month at the U.S. Open in Flushing, too.

Just when I thought I was rid of him. I'm astonished that he'd get credentialed at all, for anything. But that's just me. He's never shy about sitting right in the front row and asking the most inane questions on the planet, though. On the positive side, I don't think I ever saw him sitting with Norm McLean.
    [/quote]

as in, you think they're the smae person? the funniest line i ever heard about maclean was also about bill shannon,and the fact that the two were rarely in the same building at the same time. the answer to that was, there was only one set of teeth to share, and we'd only see whose ever time it was to wear them.
    [/quote]

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

as in, you think they're the smae person? the funniest line i ever heard about maclean was also about bill shannon,and the fact that the two were rarely in the same building at the same time. the answer to that was, there was only one set of teeth to share, and we'd only see whose ever time it was to wear them.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

Um, okay.....! That was a rather random resurrection.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Darn near English.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

BTW, Cerrone has sepaated from the PR firm that was employing him and is now hiring himself out as a motivational speaker.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Is there a reason this ancient thread was revived?

And how does a "newbie" like Peterpoon manage to pull up a 3-year-old thread?

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

My guess is somebody has been googling themselves.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Or that somebody is using one of his 5,000 sock puppets to goof around.

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Find me the person who doesn't get along with Kenny Klein at Louisville.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm guessing that those reviving old threads like this are among the group who decided they hated the way things were going here and absconded to The Good Doctor's new "civil" SJ board.
    They're back here with new screen names acting more stupid than ever, just to prove how "civil" things are over there.
    Douchebags.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Or you could just look at peeterpoon's profile and see that name was registered in Jan. 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.