1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richmond - writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Moderator1, Sep 11, 2009.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Lucky guy. Oh, the OLD look. I thought you meant the little corner cubicle you got when Jack got out. You meant your VT desk.

Oh, and Steve clarified to me when I told him he made me look dumb (not hard): "Tell them 6 is how many I have to draw from to work desk shifts." So...know that's part of it too.

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

No, not my cubicle or my itty bitty space in the new look. My old VT desk. That desk stayed empty a lot.

I didn't think all the remaining Richmond-based writers were doing desk now but I'm not surprised. I was thinking of going in that direction and I had a lot more to draw from than Steve did.

And no one made you look dumb, this isn't a "you're wrong'I'm right" kind of discussion. It's a simple miscount.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It was mostly hyperbole on me looking dumb. I mean, that's more a "still" than "again." :D

And apparently it's most, if not all. I know Vic and Michael and O'Connor and Arthur were doing it occasionally when I was there. I guess Darryl's saved from it. Don't know for sure if Tim or Woody are.

4. the_lorax

the_lorax Member

Anyone have an update on this one?

5. spud

spud Member

You're dead!

Wait, that's not how it goes...

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I do not know this for a fact - let me be clear on that. I'm kind of fishing for information. You'd think a Pipeline to this joint would be pretty good for me, no?
    Anyway, I'm told this may be on hold until January. I know Richmond added a part-timer just last week.
    If I get confirmation, I will let you know but I'm going to guess - emphasis on guess - that it is true.

Draft saved Draft deleted